Catching Up

Normally when I haven’t blogged in a while it’s because I don’t have much to say or nothing new has been going on and I figure who wants to hear about the same old stuff all the time. I haven’t blogged lately because we’ve been doing a lot and I’m trying really hard to take my extra time and do fun stuff like fit in more reading time or relax and play a game with the kiddos or hubby.

Now that we’ve finished up the office and are slowly really getting everything that belongs back in the room, we’re moving on to other projects. Before I mention those, I figured I’d post the after pictures of the office and the bathroom that’s off of our office.

Here are two shots of the bathroom, which was originally supposed to be dark gray, but the paint had much more of a blue tone to it, so we kind of changed gears half way through and went with it. Luckily, the brown flooring we chose worked perfectly. I love this bathroom now!

image

image

I’d taken some pictures after we got the office furniture assembled, but before the chairs were delivered (good riddance to our old chairs!). I love that our desks are side-by-side now (the room is really narrow and we used to sit with our backs to each other) and that we have a shared workspace created by the two returns that are backed up to one another. I seriously dig the new track lighting too.

image

image

Our new chairs are Herman-Miller Embody chairs and are seriously the most comfortable desk chairs I’ve ever sat in. Scott’s old chair was an Aeron (also by Herman-Miller) and that was nice, but nothing in comparison to the Embody. We also got a side chair for when we have someone over in the office (usually one of Scott’s friends) that is covered in the same fabric as our chairs. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a photo that really shows the true, gorgeous mulberry color of the fabric. :( Note the cool, spine-looking frame of the back of the chair. I think it makes for a really interesting look, even from the back.

image

image

image

Now we’ve moved on to getting some new stuff for the family room, including replacing our widescreen LCD tv with the projector and motorized screen that Scott’s been wanting for—well, pretty much as long as I’ve known him. The current seating in that room is horribly uncomfortable—to the point where we never watch tv in there anymore because my butt literally goes numb when I sit for longer than 15 minutes—so we’re getting a new sectional sofa to go with the projector. We had to install some room darkening blinds on the 5 windows in the room because the thin weave curtains I had up just weren’t cutting it. I was happy that we were able to have the blinds cut down to fit inside the window casing and I was able to put the curtains back up. If you’re ever in the market for some room darkening blinds, I recommend the cellular shades made by Levolor. We were able to have them cut to fit at Lowe’s for no extra charge, they were super easy to install and they make the room completely dark during the day time.

In between the completion of the office and deciding we were getting some new toys for the family room, I painted our full bath downstairs, got an étagère for over the toilet, new shower curtain, painted the frame on the existing mirror over the vanity and did some overall organizing. There are a couple things I need to get for the walls in there and that room will finally be totally complete after being only what I would consider half-done since we moved in—four years ago. :p

In the family room there will be no painting or flooring changes, thank goodness! I still love the red and brown that’s on the walls and when we moved in there was already a really nice, large ceramic tile on the floor, so aside from putting the new furniture in and having the video components installed, that room just needs to be majorly organized since it ended up as the catch-all while we were clearing out the office.

After that, I’m moving on to the living room. :D  I have a definite plan for that room, I just haven’t really started putting the pieces together yet. While I’m at it, I’m going to give the hallway between the living/dining/kitchen and family/bedroom/office areas a badly needed coat of paint and finally get some of the family photos up on the walls there. I’m sure I’ll round out the kitchen with some fresh paint too, but I’m not really thinking that far ahead yet. I’m kind of on a redecorating kick and the hubby isn’t putting up any complaints so I’m taking him up on it. ;)

1 comments:

May 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM listgirl said...

Wow, everything looks fantastic Sherrie! I can't believe how much you guys have done to your house! You really have been busy!