A Pixel Peek!

I’m just popping in to post a little peek of a fun new kit I made that’s releasing tomorrow. The weather in my corner of the world lately couldn’t be better to work on something like this too! ;) You’ll be able to pick this kit up tomorrow morning (around 10 a.m.) in my shoppe.

Aside from packaging my kit up, I’m trying to find the motivation to do some more work in this office. We’re in the process of sorting through the mountain of stuff that’s been stuffed into the this room over the past couple of years so we can get the walls painted, carpet torn out and floor laid. This office is one of the most used rooms in our house and consequently seems to be a catch-all for all sorts of items from the kids’ toys & games, to books & magazines, to my extra linens—along with the “normal” stuff you’d find in an office. Scott and I are also bad about not sorting through our paperwork in a timely fashion and instead making tidy little piles that eventually turn into not-so-tidy, large piles. So there are lots of papers to go through as well.

I’m feeling a little more motivated than I was a week ago to get this ball rolling though. We spent a few hours doing some sorting and organizing in here yesterday and we also finally got the swatch for the chair fabric and I fell in love. Now I’m nearly salivating for my new, awesome desk chair. That’s helping light a bit of a fire under me. ;) I suppose it seems a bit silly to be excited about a chair, but I can’t help it. Scott’s finally retiring his Aeron chair that he got as a bonus when he was contracted to work on Herman Miller’s website (he noticed, happily, that a good portion of what they built is still being used on the HM site, even though the look has changed). After some debating and deep thought, we decided to go with Herman Miller’s new Embody chair. The Aeron chair has been good to Scott….and can’t be overlooked for it’s durability. He’s had that chair for about 10 years now. It’s survived 4 moves, and has been carried all over the house, bounced off the walls, subjected to Nicholas (who is just mean to furniture), sustained the weight of an adult man and two kids as they climbed all over him at the same time and a million more punishments that I’m sure I’m forgetting. Though all of that, aside from the recline control that finally gave out, the chair has held up well. It was hard for me to discount all of that when we were discussing which chair model to get—but the Embody has some features I just couldn’t ignore (like adjustable seat length—great for a long-legged person like me, a flexible, “spine-like” back, and reviews that touted no specific points of pressure when sitting in the chair), plus I think the chair design is just rockin’ cool.

I think my backside is going to be particularly grateful to me when it’s parked in this new chair. Despite having chronic coccyx (that’s your tailbone, in case you’re wondering) pain for the past 9 years, I’ve never “spoiled” myself enough to spend good money on a desk chair. As a result, I spend my computer time (which is copious, I’ll admit) shifting my weight from one *ahem* butt cheek to another to keep as much weight and pressure off of my tailbone as possible. This means that for about….oh….60% of my day, my back is forced out of alignment into a horribly unnatural position. Though the backaches I get aren’t even a shade of what I feel in my tailbone if I sit "properly", I am kind of worried about what it will do to me down the road. And in all reality, it seemed silly to be a cheapskate about a piece of furniture I spend so much time in. Yes, the price of one chair is about what we paid for the sofa in our living room—but you know what? We hardly ever use that room and I had no problem springing the money for that. So I figure, this time around, my butt deserves it. :p

1 comments:

March 11, 2010 at 2:37 PM listgirl said...

Your butt deserves it!
We're fortunate that Todd's parents gave us some Herman Miller chairs as gifts a few years ago. I don't think we would have paid that much for chairs back then. These chairs are very comfortable. Chairs are so important for computer-philes like us.