10 True Things

A couple of days ago, my friend Christine tagged me with the Honest Scrap award, so here I am to list my 10 truths and pass this on to a few other people. I have to warn you though, I’m not sure I’m what would be considered a horribly interesting person—so you may find yourself snoring loudly by number 5….

  1. I seriously love fairies and my collection encompasses figurines, paperweights, books, calendars, paintings, Christmas ornaments, shirts, pajamas and socks.
  2. I also have a thing for post-it notes. I have all sorts of shapes, colors and sizes—and often find myself unwilling to use my extra cute ones. It’s kind of like burning a pretty candle (yes, I find that hard to do too!).
  3. I play World of Warcraft and am fluent in the lingo. If you know what “5k gs dps lfg for ICC” means, you’re my kind of person!
  4. I have many sets of polyhedron dice and still shop for more even though I haven’t played a tabletop RPG since getting into World of Warcraft.
  5. I am just about the furthest thing you can get from being a neat-freak. If there is visible surface area on my desk it’s most likely because I got fed up with not being able to find my keyboard under all the stuff that finds its way there.
  6. I stay up really late. I’m rarely in bed before 2 a.m. on weeknights and on Fridays & Saturdays, it’s often later. I am a night owl stuck in a morning person’s world.
  7. I consume copious amounts of caffeine (see truth no. 6). From 7 a.m. until about 3 in the afternoon it’s coffee. After that, it’s Mt. Dew until my head hits the pillow. I generally get my daily H20 from my coffee. That counts, right?
  8. I’m totally into True Blood, Entourage, Big Love, Nurse Jackie, Californication & The Tudors. Rome and The Sopranos used to occupy that list as well, until HBO took them off air. *sniff*
  9. Halloween is my absolute. favorite. holiday. ever. Even though I spend months of time and God knows how much money planning our Halloween party (with a ton of help from the Hubbins, of course!), there isn’t enough time or money to plan my dream party. Well, maybe….if we stopped paying the mortgage, feeding & clothing the kids and I stopped doing all of the things I do in a day….but I digress.
  10. I covet my red Swingline stapler. “And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...”

Now that I’ve done my part, I’m going to pass this award on to Cari, Carol, Whit, Holly, & Ami!

3 comments:

March 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM listgirl said...

Ha ha, I love the red Swingline stapler! I totally just saw Office Space like two weeks ago on TV.

Great list!

March 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM Cari D. Cruse said...

LOL! Love your 10 truths!! Gee, what on earth will I have that could possibly be as fun?? :P

March 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM Cari D. Cruse said...

BTW, Sherrie, looks like your link to Carol's blog is showing my blog. :)