TGIF...oh how I love thee!

I love Fridays...I mean really, really love Fridays. Why? Well, Friday is pizza night which means no cooking for me and I don't have to go anywhere to get it. Hey, this is a big deal when you live in a cold and snowy climate. Friday also means that I won't have to kiss my husband as he goes out the door to work for two mornings. Wait...that sounded bad. I like the kissing part. It's the "out the door to work" part that I don't like. Friday is the beginning of 2 whole, blissful days that I have a daughter who is happy. Madison is not a fan of school. She lives for Friday afternoons and her weekend cheer is infectious. And finally, Friday signifies that Nicholas, who has been sleeping soundly through the night but seems really tired on school days lately, will be all full of smiles and giggles because of the two day work break. School is hard work for him.

Have a couple photos today. The first one illustrates how, since becoming a mom and a family girl, nothing is 100% mine any longer. On Sunday morning I got up to use the bathroom. The house was quiet, everyone was still snoozing and I had all intentions on snuggling back into bed. Until I saw this (apologies for the focus in the wrong place. She's pretty camera shy so I just had to hurry)...

I was out of bed for maybe 3 minutes maximum and I lost my spot. *sigh* It's a rough life being a cat!

And here is that icicle I was talking about the other day. It warmed up a bit and Madison was able to play outside without her fingers freezing off, so I grabbed this shot while she was playing in the snow.

And I had a little surprise today...my friend Christine thinks my blog is fabulous and gave me this little award:

I'm supposed to list 5 things I'm addicted to and pass the award along to 5 bloggers who I think are fabulous.

My 5 addictions would most certainly be:

  • caffeine
  • movies
  • cheesecake
  • designing
  • gaming

And 5 blogs that I really enjoy are (and I'm sad because I'm not able to put Christine on this list. I love her blog, her everyday life photos and her soulful posts):

  • Girly Do's by Jenn--I don't know her, but she is wonderfully generous with her time, posting hair styles for girls. Madison's long hair owes many cool styles to her!
  • A Walk through Durham--Kathleen Connally is very talented behind the lens. The photos on this blog take my breath away and inspires me to become a better photographer.
  • Hello--More beautiful photos from Alison Garnett's photo blog.
  • Bittbox--Ok, so this is a bit girly for him, but I had to mention Jay here. Awesome tips & tutorials, and even better design resources. Jay Hilgert ranks so high up in my book, I even overlook the fact that he uses a Mac. ;)
  • Lor's World--I love keeping up on all of her layouts and her scrap supply acquisitions. She's enabled me more than once!

And that's it for me today. I am going to try to squeeze in a little work before the little man gets home. Hopefully that will go better than the attempts on Monday through Thursday. :p

1 comments:

January 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM listgirl said...

Ok yea, that icicle looks downright scary and dangerous, LOL!