Redecorating

Well, I decided it was time for a bit of a facelift for the blog. The poor thing hadn't seen any significant changes since I started it and I was getting tired of the old look. Let's see how long this one lasts. ;)  I will admit though, I know people who update their blog look seasonally. If I were to try something like that, we'd have Christmas in July around here. In fact, my house would be like that too if it weren't for the fact that we have company and I'd be mortified to have guests over with my Christmas tree up during short-wearing weather. So...this new little change of pace for the blog was just about all that I got done today (regular everyday chores not-withstanding and I scrimped on those too) that could be considered even semi-productive.

I did manage to finish reading The Deep End of the Ocean today. I'd seen the movie many moons ago and I enjoyed the book equally. There is definitely something to be said for reading a book after watching a movie (or vice-versa) and leaving a lot of time in between. I really liked the movie as well, and if there were differences between the two, they were too minor to stand out in my memory. Reading a book and watching the movie it was based on can be a dangerous game for me. Especially if I loved either one with particular abundance. It's easy to find myself upset because whichever one came second isn't as good. This is why I'm nearly afraid to see Twilight. I really, really enjoyed the book and I'm afraid the movie will murder everything I loved about the book to the point where I can't even watch. I felt this way about The DaVinci Code. Great book, dismal movie. On the flipside, Fight Club, which is on my list of Top 5 Best Movies ever was not as good in book form as it was in the movie. What Brad Pitt and Edward Norton brought to those characters was unparalleled and I give them a lot of credit. I'm such a book lover that it is rare that I'm more impressed with a movie thank I am the book.

Well, I could prattle on about books and movies for hours. But I have a husband who is waiting on me, and he's going to start getting seriously impatient very soon, so that's it for me tonight.

Till next we meet again...

3 comments:

January 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM listgirl said...

Nice facelift Sherrie! I'm a fan of the Bittbox too!

January 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM Lor said...

So luv the lift Sherrie; it's beautiful!!! (Hey, go on over and check out my blog, I recently gave it a lift using "Laurie's Pool Party." (Yep! I'm clearly ready for Winter to be done! LOL!)

January 24, 2009 at 7:03 PM Claudia said...

I love the new look of your blog! Also, congrats on the award and on being published!