New additions, a lot off the top & a resolution

Today was a busy day but not that out of the ordinary. We did welcome into the fold a couple new fish. Our tank is finally cycled and we added 2 albino cory cats in with our hardy little danios. In a few weeks we'll take on the task of adding the final fish if water levels stay stable. I really want to add a betta as they are my favorite fish (maybe it has something to do with that first betta named Spike whom I had so many, many moons ago). Scott and Madison are convinced a betta will kill the other fish. I keep trying to explain to them that male bettas are primarily only aggressive toward other male bettas or other fish who have likewise showy color and fins (mistaking them for own kind). They're not buying it. I've successfully kept a betta in a community tank before, but they're just not listening to me. Because the cory cats and the danios aren't very colorful, I want a little flash in the tank. I am considering guppies. They come in many nice looking varieties and I won't have to deal with Madison being nervous when she gets up and checks out the tank every morning.

I gave Nicholas a hair cut today. I don't think I can possibly emphasize just how much he hates having his hair cut. Everything about it gets him going. The constant touching of his hair, the buzzing of the clippers, the vibration against his scalp, the tiny hairs falling everywhere.... Today's reaction was no different than that we've had during any other hair cut. Lots of screaming, crying, struggling and generally angry-sounding babble that makes me think he's definitely cussing me out in his own little language. I've given up on taking him to a barber for a cut. The same exact reaction happens, and at least at home I don't have to deal with trying to reassure the barber that this is a normal reaction for him, or have them look at me like 'why can't you just make him behave?' In the end it was worth it. I did a good job (I'm actually getting pretty good at it....starting to get very professional results) and Nicholas no longer looks like Johnny from Karate Kid. (I really let it get waaay too long this time! He had the blond, side-swept, huge bang thing going on...)

And finally, to top off the day, I've decided to join in Project 365....albeit late. As my friend Ami said, when I start doesn't really matter. 365 is still 365. So...you'll start seeing a lot more photos posted as I move through this daily photography challenge. I need the practice!

Well....it's bordering on 3 a.m. and tomorrow is a school day. I'll be kicking myself when that alarm goes off in 4 hours. I may just crawl back into bed once I get Nicholas on the bus since Madison has tomorrow off for records day. I'm leaving myself completely open to that option. ;)

1 comments:

January 26, 2009 at 7:03 AM listgirl said...

Johnny from Karate Kid, LOL! Glad you've decided to join the dark side (project 365). I can't wait to see your everyday photos.