Playing Catch Up

Because I pretty much skipped a month and a half without blogging, I plan on playing a little catch up here and in future posts. I'll do this in between general life chatter, showing off new layouts (if I ever carve out the time to scrap) and sharing photos.

Speaking of photos, I have some of Nicholas that I took in July, not too long after shooting Madison (wow, that reads badly, but you know what I mean). I haven't processed them all yet, and I need to get them web ready. I should consider doing that soon.

My poor, beautiful camera has been a bit neglected lately. She (I guess I've decided to call it a "she") did get to come out and play during our day trip to Chicago (must process those as well) and on the first day of school (again, processing needed....see a common theme here?), but otherwise has sat looking spiffy in my new Canon backpack. Scott came home from work one day with that in tow....right before our trip to Chicago. It couldn't have come at a better time because I wasn't really hip to carrying around the camera on my neck all day (I'm forever worrying about bumping it into things because I'm klutzy by nature) and had yet to even shop for a camera bag.

Honestly, I had no clue that they even made backpacks. What an ingenious idea, though! There are all sorts of adjustable nooks for lenses/gear and the Rebel, well, she's safely secured with a handy velcro strap, not to move an inch in there. I find the backpack styling makes it much easier to carry than a standard  bag.

We also picked up one of these wireless remotes, though I haven't used it yet beyond some test shots.

 

And a new 50mm lens. I did take this out for a test drive for back to school pics and I'm really enamored with it. I keep forgetting that my feet are my zoom, and am learning to be more careful without image stabilization, but overall this does a really beautiful job.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the leaves. When they start to turn, I want to get the whole family outside and see if I can't get all 4 of us in a shot (now you know why I ordered the remote). Maybe I'll even get brave and try to get the dog to sit still for one with us too. I have a feeling that's a bit of a pipe dream though. ;)

0 comments: