The Best Holiday of the Year!

Ok, so I don't know if most people consider Halloween an actual holiday, but I do....and it's the best one of the year in my book! Yep, it even beats out Christmas (though Christmas does run a close second for the warm, cozy, homey feeling of sharing good food, laughs and smiles and gifties with the family)!

Last year we held our first annual Halloween party for the big kids. It was a blast and some of our friends are still talking about it (and a couple complaining because they weren't able to attend and they heard about it from other friends). This year promises to be bigger and better than last year. The guest list has grown...by probably about 20 people, the decorating process is already underway (yes, I have Halloween decor going up in early September....but hey, there is a lot to be done and it's my goal not to be rushed like I was last year), and Scott and I have pretty much secured all of the important pieces of our costumes. The Best Costume trophies are done and waiting to be picked up. This year's categories include: Funniest, Most Outrageous, Scariest, Sexiest, and Best Overall. We were really pleased with the engraved plates for the trophy bases we got from a local awards shop last year (Scott attached the trophy tops to the bases and affixed the engraved plates), so we decided to cut out some of the work and have that place to the whole shebang this year.

I'm going to be doing a HUGE batch of my Padded Room Pineapple infused vodka this year and forgoing the rest. I'll have to get that stewing around the first of October. We found a huge 3-gallon ice tea dispenser with a spigot for the purpose. I keep telling Scott I'm going to make 3 gallons of the vodka. I think he believes I've lost my mind.

Lisa's already started her awesome cake creation, which she found on a site. I want to post a picture so bad, but I can't because it needs to be a surprise for our guests. I will say this though...I have a feeling most people aren't going to think it's edible when they see it. Wee!!

There is much more to be done, including some extensive decor creations and now that things have slowed to a normal pace work-wise, I'm looking forward to tackling them. :D I will continue with updates on the progress and share pictures of the house once it's decorated.

1 comments:

September 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM listgirl said...

I can't wait to see your decorations!