So Many Changes…

It’s been eons since I’ve blogged and there is so much going on right now. Many changes on the horizon for me. At the end of February I’ll be closing the doors on PGD. Part of me is very sad to be closing that chapter in my life, but another part of me is looking forward to new things like more time with my family, more time to scrap, more time to fiddle around my house…so with the sad comes the good. What’s most important to me is that I will be able to stay in touch with those that I’ve grown closest to during my time as a designer and as the owner of PGD. I couldn’t imagine not keeping up with these fabulous women on a daily basis. One of the best things about the years PGD was in business was that I had the opportunity to create some wonderful friendships with people across the country whom I probably never would have met otherwise.

As far as designing goes, I’ve decided to bow out of the arena commercially. I imagine I’ll be plucking around with design to suit my own whims, but I was on the edge of losing the magical feeling that I got every time I sat down to design something, and I just can’t bear to have that happen.

I’m happy to say that my new-found time will give me the opportunity to CT for a couple of my friends, Ami Collofello and Amanda Carlson who I worked with at PGD. I’m looking forward to scrapping for these ladies and getting through some of the backlog of photos I’ve been building up these past few years.

I’ve already made a few layouts (one of which I’ll have to post at a later date—it’s using an upcoming release of Amanda Carlson’s!):

In this one I used Ami Collofello’s Happy Christmas Kit and her Warehouse Alpha

 

In this layout the stitches & papers are from Ami Collofello’s Play on Time, (again) Warehouse Alpha (I’m addicted to it!), and the metal hearts were made by moi.

 

And finally, for this one I used Ami’s Whitty by Nature kit, and elements from her Faded Winter kit, and I made the frame and word art.

 

With that, I will leave you for tonight. I look forward to more time for personal blogging and sharing layouts—another thing I’m really looking forward to. For now, it’s off to get the kiddos in bed and spend a little quiet time with Scott. :)

2 comments:

January 18, 2010 at 7:40 AM Cari D. Cruse said...

So great to have you blogging again - & how great to see your new layouts! :)

January 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM listgirl said...

Oh Sherrie you blogged!
I'm so glad we can still stay in touch and show up at a place that feels like home, where my friends are.
Your pages are gorgeous and lovely. So classic, so you!
As for designing or any other endeavor... I always hear these words in my heart... stop doing it when it becomes not fun anymore.