I love new stuff!

A couple of weeks ago the hubbins said to me, out of the blue, “we’re getting you a new computer.” Being that I’d gone without any significant upgrades for quite a while, I officially had the oldest and slowest computer in the house. Yes…my children had newer, faster computers than I did, despite the fact that I spent 40 hours or more a week at mine. (Isn’t that the way of things, though, when you’re a parent? It just feels easier to spend money on your kids than yourself.) Scott ordered the parts that day, and just a couple days later I had myself a new, shiny computer. The only things that weren’t replaced were my monitor and my keyboard (both of which are fairly new anyway).

Then I got the notion that I wanted to go ahead and buy myself something that I’ve been drooling over for a long time, but couldn’t quite bring myself to part with my hard earned design dollars in order to purchase it. I think maybe it was a bit of retail therapy to help with the PGD store closing—I did end up buying it on the 28th after all. Yesterday, this little piece of digital technology arrived at my door:

I give you the Wacom Cintiq. I’ve been using a pen tablet for about 2-3 years now, but this baby is a pen tablet taken to a whole new level. No more looking up at a monitor while my hand draws on my pen tablet. Now I’m drawing directly on the pen tablet. And what’s even better than that? This puppy is small enough to prop in my lap while I’m drawing! Needless to say, I spent the bulk of my free time yesterday playing with this wonderful gadget. I’m also pleased that when not in use as a tablet, the Cintiq can be used as a second display. Handy!

So here I am, in total tech heaven, with a new computer that I finally have everything installed on (that’s always the worst part of getting a new computer—reinstalling all of my ‘must have’ software) and a new tablet to draw and paint on till my heart’s content. I love new stuff!

2 comments:

March 4, 2010 at 2:40 PM listgirl said...

oooo, a new computer AND a Cintiq! That's so awesome and I'm sure you're totally having fun playing with it!

March 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM Unknown said...

Awesome, I know you've been wanting one for ages!